An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Adv- Father requesting to lower support

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Support Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 15 May 2008
Posts: 1
State or Province: California

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Need Adv- Father requesting to lower support Reply with quote

Hello Ladies! I'm glad i found this forum as I don't really have anywhere to turn and can't really afford a Lawyer at this time. I hope somebody can help me or direct me to the right way.....

My husband divorced me 3 years ago because he fell in love with another woman. I have a 7 year old boy who is and has always been the center of my life. Since we separated, my ex pretty much just turned his back on us, except for the money that he grudgingly gives for my son. (My son also sees him once in awhile). He's always complained and is verbally abusive about his disagreement with the child support, especially since he and his new wife bought a new house and just had their first baby.

A few months ago, he cut the child support in half (without telling the court). That really put me in a terrible financial position because my boy's needs always come first, so the money i needed to pay household needs, i've had to use to cover for his needs (school, sports, optical needs). I try to make his life as normal as possible.

I contacted the court and they made him give me the balance. Last week, i was notified by the court that he filed a petition for child support modification, here's where i need your help:

1. I know that he lied regarding his income. At his work, he made arrangements with his Boss to receive only a percentage of his income using company checks, the rest they are giving to him in cash -- which he does not declare or pay taxes for.

2. If i don't say anything, his declared income is so low, the court for sure will lower my son's support. And we are already living very tight finances. I just can't afford to pay for anything else.

3. If i do say something, will i get in trouble too since he's been paid this way (half cash/half check) since we were married.

4. I would love to find a Lawyer who can offer their service Pro Bono, If the are any out there who still do that.

I don't know what to do. All i know is that i can't afford to lose any of the
already insufficient support he gives for my boy.

Thank you Ladies!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Child Support Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login