An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colts and Ravens tied 10-10 at halftime The Indianapolis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panxing18

State or Province: Maine

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Colts and Ravens tied 10-10 at halftime The Indianapolis Reply with quote

Colts had such a long layoff between their first and second preseason games Jabaal Sheard Jersey , and with football just getting back we needed our fix soon. Unfortunately, the Colts came out a pretty cold early in this one. Aside from a pass breakup by Matthias Farley on the Baltimore Ravens first offensive play of the night, and a big stick on the next, Joe Flacco largely had his way with the defense.Flacco started the night 7-9 for 72 yards and a 7-yard touchdown pass to John Brown on his three series of the game before handing the quarterbacking duties over to Lamar Jackson.Andrew Luck and the Colts offense didn’t come out with any sort of energy either in their home opener. Luck threw an interception early on after leaving the pocket with good protection, still wasn’t able to find any sort of chemistry with Ryan Grant and struggled to get rid of the ball on time resulting in 2 sacks on his first five drives.Christine Michael was uninspiring, Josh Ferguson was injured early and didn’t return, and the receivers struggled to get separation with any consistency. Unfortunately, after starting out solid in protection, Le’Raven Clark began to have a tough time with the left tackle role.Luck finished his night 6-of-13 for 50 yards and an interception, and I don’t even know if you could say it looked that good.Jacoby Brissett would, however, put the ball in the end zone on his first drive of the night... sort of. Colts’ rookie running back Jordan Wilkins got 4 carries for 21 yards, and Chester Rogers caught Brissett’s first completion which ate up a quick 28 yards up the gut of the Ravens’ defense. The Colts tried to punch it in with Wilkins following several successful runs, but Wilkins coughed it up, but it squirted into the end zone — right into the waiting hands of Rogers. Largely the Colts’ defense did a nice job of keeping Lamar Jackson contained early on in his night. Jackson started 0-4 and when trying to make something happen with his legs almost cost the Ravens the ball with 4:40 left in the first half.Quincy Wilson stepped up to get underneath Jackson as he began to turn upfield and he nearly fumbled the ball. After review, he was said to have been down by contact and he would live to make another play. Fortunately for the Colts, though, on that very next play Hassan Ridgeway busted through the Ravens offensive line and sacked Jackson forcing another punt. The Colts, up 10-7, would get another drive under Brissett before the end of the half. A penalty on the punt return set the Colts back inside their own 10-yard line, but Michael came back into the game and became a contributor. Brissett extended his drive after the 2-minute warning by picking up 9 yards on a third-down conversion, then hit Michael for a short gain across the middle, but couldn’t convert on third down as Kasen Williams got crossed up with Stanley Jean-Baptiste and wasn’t able to get his eyes back on the ball as it hit him in the chest.Jackson earned his first completion to tight end Kenneth Dixon as he now had a chance to lead his own 2-minute drive. Jackson was able to get the ball to mid-field with a little help of the running game, then hit Hayden Hurst along the boundary for a big third-down conversion. Jackson’s wheels got the Ravens to the 32-yard line and Dixon was able to churn out a 12-yard run to get into scoring territory.The Colts defense ended up doing enough, though Authentic Margus Hunt Jersey , forcing three straight incompletions with a little added pressure to force a field goal to tie the game at 10 apiece.Colts leaders at the half:Chester Rogers | 2 catches for 36 yardsJack Doyle | 2 catches for 32 yardsJordan Wilkins | 4 carries for 21 yardsChristine Michael | 7 carries for 21 yardsDarius Leonard | 7 total tacklesSkai Moore | 4 total tacklesHassan Ridgeway | 3 total tackles, 1 sack, 2 tackles for lossJohn Simon | 1 tackle, 1 sack Phillip Dorsett has a message for anyone who thinks the New England Patriots don't have enough talent at wide receiver with Julian Edelman suspended for the first four games of the season."I think we're ready to go," Dorsett said Thursday as his team gets ready for Sunday's opener against the Houston Texans."We've got a lot of guys, a lot of playmakers, not just in the receiving room, but in the running back room, the tight ends room."Josh (McDaniels, offensive coordinator) has a great way of getting everybody involved, so I think we'll be fine. I think we'll be ready to go."With Edelman suspended, there are five WRs on the active roster — Chris Hogan, Dorsett, Cordarrelle Patterson, Chad Hansen and Riley McCarron.Hansen was just picked up on waivers. And McCarron was added Thursday from the practice squad to the 53-man roster. Amara Darboh, claimed off waivers Sunday, failed his physical and never made it to the practice field.Dorsett said regardless of the depth chart, what makes this Tom Brady-led offense so potent is unpredictability."You don't know where the ball's going. (McDaniels) can get everybody involved and that's what makes this offense go. Just everybody getting involved and not knowing where the ball is going to go."Dorsett, a former first-round pick of the Indianapolis Colts, arrived in New England just a few days before the start of the 2017 season — New England trading backup quarterback Jacoby Brissett to Indy.Trying to catch up while learning the playbook, he was on the field for 377 snaps, but was only targeted 18 times, with 12 catches."Last year when I got here, obviously I didn't know anything," Dorsett said. "I just got here a couple of days before the first game Youth Al Woods Jersey , had to play in it, so I just had to learn as much as I could — obviously you can't learn that much in a couple of days."I just took it week by week, just trying to learn as much as I can, going home, doing extra walk-throughs (with receivers coach Chad O'Shea), getting in my playbook when I get home. Not really much time for anything extra."All the time I put in it's been working, I've been learning every week, still learning to this day — and I built a lot of chemistry with the guys on the team and just trying to get better every day. My process, my thought process, doesn't change — just trying to get better every day."There have been veteran wide receivers — Reggie Wayne, Joey Galloway and Chad Ochocinco, and most recently Eric Decker — that have struggled in New England.Dorsett enters this season with 63 regular-season catches in his career and added two more in last year's postseason."It was difficult," he said of the playbook. "Any playbook is difficult, but this one is definitely ... it's the ONE. But I put the work in. I feel like if you put the work in you can learn it. I've always been a pretty smart guy."More dedicated than smart, just determined, really trying to learn it, but you have to pay attention to the details. That's the thing about it — you have to pay attention to the details, because if you're not detail-oriented you can't play in this offense."Dorsett enjoys working with Brady."It's been great. I'm learning every day. I'm still learning to this day," Dorsett said."Every now and then something comes up that we didn't go over since I've been here so I have to learn it. But I'm like a sponge — I just want to keep learning, and soaking in all the information. It's definitely been great."NOTE: Cornerback Duke Dawson, a second-round pick, was placed on injured reserve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: