An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do people feel about using a weed barrier before mulch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> General Dieting Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monroe

State or Province: Alabama

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:15 am    Post subject: How do people feel about using a weed barrier before mulch Reply with quote

I was going to put some much down around my house and I'm debating on using a weed barrier (IE: plastic underlayment or landscape fabric, etc.) before putting the much down.

Anyone have an experience they're willing to share? Pros/Cons?

I'm wondering if it's just going to force water to the edges of the barrier and toward my foundation.
Andrewww

State or Province: Maine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using landscape fabric for nearly 40 years. No problems with the quality SCOTTS Fabric ( I found a lot of useful information here https://bestyardproducts.com/ ). The only problem with "any" covering is where the fabric is cut around brick or a hole gets punched in it. Then grass type weeds such as Bermuda or Nut grass will find a way to get through those openings. If you use pre-emergence weed sprays twice a year, once for cold weather weeds, and once for warm weather weeds, and cover the area 100% then you'll keep your weed problems to a minimum. But if you skip a season or forget, then boom weeds will prolificate galore. Landscape fabric with it's tiny porus holes let air and water to penetrate, but prevents 98% of weeds to emerge. There is no 100% cure for weeds. That's why they make round-up for spot weeding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> General Dieting Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: