An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Survey - Working Mothers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Work Life Balance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neostephania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Survey - Working Mothers Reply with quote

The Mother Load: The Double Shift of Women

I am a Grade 12 student currently attending Richview Collegiate Institute in Toronto and am preparing a research project for my Family Studies class. I am conducting a brief survey of married couples with children in order to study the effects of working parents in a family relationship. Your feedback in completing this survey would be most appreciated (you ccan respond by e-mailing your answers to sp_2786@yahoo.ca, or posting them here). Your answers will be kept strictly confidential and will be used for research purposes only. If you are interested in the results, I would be more than happy to give you a copy. Thank you very much for your time and assistance.
Sincerely,
Stephanie

1. Are you male or female?

2. How much leisure time do you have on a daily basis (# of hours)?

3. Do you have a babysitter or a nanny that helps to look after the children? (yes/no)
4. Who do you feel does more chores around the home? (mother/father/shared equally)

5. How long is your typical work day (# of hours)?

6. Do you think that your children feel you do not spend enough time with them? (yes/no/not sure)

7. How does the impact of being a working parent affect you?

8. How does being a working parent affect your children? (eg: lower school grades, less respectful children, other - please specify)

9. List common chores you do after returning home from work. (eg: Cooking, cleaning, homework help, shopping, driving kids to/from after school activities, other - please specify)

10. In general, who do you believe does more housework, men or women?

11. How old are your children? Boy(s): _____ Girl(s): _____
Do your children help with household chores?
If yes, what chores do they complete?

12. Who do you feel does more "maintenance" work (e.g. cooking, cleaning) and who does more "play" work (e.g. playing games with the children)?

13. Do you ever feel guilty of being an inadequate parent? (yes/no)

14. Do you feel your children have a favourite parent? (yes/no) If yes, which one? (mother/ father)

15. Do you have any stress-reducing techniques, such as massages, that you use to ease some of your stress away? (yes/no) If yes, what are they?

16. Did you ever feel that you had to leave your job because you could not deal with the stress of being a working parent? (yes/no)

Thank you again.
devisa2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. female
2. 1-2 hrs.
3. my oldest goes to school and my youngest goes to day care
4. mother
5. 6-7 hrs.
6. no
7. it makes me very tired and have a sense of guilt when it comes to how much time i spend with my children
8. acting out at school
9. p/u kids,play,cook,clean,laundry,baths, bedtime stories,sports practices,exercise
10. WOMEN
11. boy-5yr girl-7mo
12. I do EVERYTHING both maintenance and play
13. yes
14. yes-mother
15. yes-walking on my treadmill and listening to music
16. yes-but financially i could never stay at home
janetMM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. F
2. 1 hr.
3. NO
4. Mother
5. 4 hr.
6. no
7. work part time -- felt guilty when worked full time
8. too much time a daycare -- when working full time.
9. Cooking, karate, soccer, T-Ball (sport for the season)
10. Woman
11. one Boy 6, one girl 1.
12. The woman and the woman.
13. No since working part time
14. no.
15. no.
16. yes.
kyrakim

State or Province: Not Applicable

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Female
2. 2 hr.
3. NO
4. Mother
5. 9 hr.
6. yes
7.high cost of living that require working full time
8. grade of school work and poor behaviour
9. Cooking, laundry, house cleaning
10. Woman
11. 1 Boy 5
12. The woman and the woman.
13. No since working part time
14. no.
15. yes
16. yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Work Life Balance All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: