An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS

SearchMothers.com Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child custody for mom, right?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephaniep

State or Province: Ontario

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Child custody for mom, right? Reply with quote

Hello Friend! I got divorced from my cheating husband a few months back. My only child, 2 year old boy is staying with me. Although his father tried a couple of times to take him from me, I have never allowed him to see the boy. Now I am hearing that he is trying to get my boy legally. I am court won't take a child away from his mom, but my friends are advising me to contact a child custody lawyer like monteithbaker.com/practice-areas/family-law/custody-and-access/ to defend my case. I don't understand the need for a lawyer. He is the one who cheated on me and what court will take a 2 year old from his mom and give to a cheater. Can someone advise me on this?
KyleCClark

State or Province: Florida

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course he is the one who cheated on you, but he is the father of the child and he also have the right to take the child with him. If you want to keep your child with you, you need to have a lawyer or at least some good resources, you can talk to them about the whole stuff and can get your baby's custody.
ashleyjohn

State or Province: Texas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with KyleCClark. You definitely need a lawyer to solve your child custody issue.
leslie82

State or Province: Kansas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you're the mom doesn't mean you automatically get the child. If you are an unmarried mother you have 100% of rights until the father establishes paternity. Married couples get equal rights to a child until divorced. Once divorced a court determines custody based on the best interests of the child.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SearchMothers.com Forum Index -> Child Custody Issues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: