An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 


Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

Joined: 12 May 2012
Posts: 1
State or Province: Missouri

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: forgotten Reply with quote

4 years ago I asked my mother to watch my kids while I got help with my PTSD. During this time she turned my kids against me by telling them I will murder them in their sleep, I don't want them and never have, etc. We went to court and I lost temporary guardianship of them. My daughter was 12 at the time and my son 9. My daughter is now 16 and my son 13 and neither will have anything to do with me. I have court ordered family counseling which their counselor refuses to do, I have supervised visitation which she refuses to do, saying my children want nothing to do with me. I finally got an attorney but everything is at a standstill and I am frustrated. I was able to prove my mother committed purgery, proved she turned my children against me, and can prove she told my children that if they go against the judges orders I will stay out of their lives. CPS recommended they be put in foster care so I will be able to form a relationship (they recommended from they first they stay with me) but the judge laughed saying they were wrong and didn't know what they were talking about. To this day I have no contact missing all holidays, birthdays, surgeries, pictures, everything and don't know what to do. Can anyone help? Also the guardian ad litem refuses to talk to CPS, my attorney or me and only with my mother. This is a growing trend in Missouri as a friend of mine as the guardian ad litem recommended my niece be put with her ex-husband who is not even her father and a guy who resents her. I was a single mother from the time my daughter was 6 and my son 3, yet as soon as I asked for help I was discriminated against. What's wrong when everyone but this judge sees this problem and mothers are losing their children? What can I do to at least have family counseling and visitation to restore some sort of contact with my children?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Still in Love

Joined: 05 Sep 2006
Posts: 216
State or Province: California

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you are going through this... I have no idea what you should do... I don't know anything about Missouri law. the only thing I could recommend is getting the judge replaced.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Non-Custodial Moms All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login