An Online Monthly Magazine for Mothers
Serving Single Mothers, Single Mothers by Choice, Single and Married Custodial Moms, Non-Custodial Moms
Home        MESSAGE BOARDS Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Child's Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Single Parenting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Child's Questions Reply with quote

My daughter is a single mom. Her ex has never had anything involvement with my 4 year old grandson. He is now starting to question about his father. My daughter told him that he is "very sick" and cannot see him right now. My question is that now that my grandson is asking to see his father, my daughter doesn't know what to tell him. He sees "daddys" pick there kids up at school. Does anyone know if there is a website or book that can guide my daughter (and me) as to what to tell him? Any suggestions would be most helpful.
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explain to him that some families have daddys and some don't , some have just mommy's, some have just grand-ma's, some have mommy's and daddy's. but just because he doesn't have a daddy it is not his fault..
families are made up of different people. Maybe you should look into a big brother type of help...
Back to top
Quintessencial ONE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact the biological father and let him know that his child wants to have a father involved in their lives.

The man just might want to be included in his child's life, but might be responding to the anti-father bias that is prominant in our society.

This is the true "sickness" that we all suffer from!

There is a movement, an aberrant branch of the radical feminist movement, which has it in for the role of father and manhood. This "movement" has been instrumental in dismantling the institution of the American Family through implementation of two primary devices:

A. Media promotion of the image of men and fathers as stupid dolts who do not father, but who are comical figures of inconvenience to the lives of their children and their wives.

B. A Family Law System which has built into it a process of elimination which extracts fathers arbitrarily from their children's lives, then forcing the mothers onto state-aid and making the child another social services statistic. Meanwhile the father is dehumanized and made into a long distance benefactor who is forbidden to "father" his children.

This insidious system which appears to serve the purpose of destabilizing our nation through emasculation, causing our nation's children to grow up in the absence of strong father figures and who are taught to be reliant on "the system" for sustenance.

This insidious "process" is not only contrary to the healthy functioning of families, runs against Biblical scripture and the intentions of our (dare I say it) Founding Fathers, but it has been linked to such social dysfunctions as promise to collapse our nation from the inside out.

Who can make a change, setting the crooked way straight? You and I can!

How? Donate and network with Michael Robinson of Men's Solutions at: Men's Solutions is an affiliate of The American Coalition for Fathers and Children.

Michael Robinson has lobbied to make changes, and I have direct first hand knowledge of the fact that he and his family suffers as a result of the many sacrifices this one man has made to change the system to a greater point of balance, restoring our great American Family.

We have several issues that we want to address in new legislation this next session. Presumption of Shared Parenting, Protection for Military Reservists (child support modification and custody/marriage issues), Restraining Order Abuse (false allegations) in memory of Steve Tipaldi and gender discrimination of Domestic Violence Policies.

For the first time here in California or in any other state we have had full time representation (daily, 8 to 10 hours a day and more) at our state capital. As a result we have had 3 major victories the year. The defeat of Burtons Anti LaMusga SB 730, keeping AB 252 language intact to include Navarro and keeping Navarro Published. This is an unheard of precedence for a single year.

It has taken a great deal of faith for Mr. Robinson to continue as long as he has to accomplish so many great advances this last year and set us up for this next session.

The Bottom line is we need your support to continue. Those who have opposed reform have had full time representation in our capital for many years now with huge money backing them yet we defeated them this year.

California is a bellwether state so any gains we make here will most likely have national fall out. Any donations no matter how small will help us achieve much needed reform now.

The site has PayPal so please help. Many are already benefiting from our work so if you or someone you know has or will, please urge them to help support this effort for all's sake.

Donate at: today!

Thank you,

James D. Chamberlain - Advocate
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Chamberlain,
I understand what you are tring to do, and I agree something needs to be done. However, but about the women and children who really are in an abusive situation? Please tell me that you do not feel that an abuser, should have the same rights? I also am an advocate working to change the laws in Indiana. I wish all sides could work together, those for mens right, those for mothers rights, I belive that the children should be the ones with the biggest rights, the right to be SAFE, first of all, and loved, cared for ect, all follow. I do believe that there are some fathers who would be much better parents then some mothers, and that they should have custody, but some of this is getting bad. Like PAS, yes some mothers do kept their children from their fathers, some for protection, and not for any other reason.
So how do propose that we come up with a "SAFE" plan for the children involved in these cases?
I would love someone elses opionion, and working together is the only way I can see any of this being resolved.
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need some help, hopefully someone can give me some advice. I am a young mother and my daughter is 3months old. here is my situation: before i became pregnant i got in to a little trouble with the law and failed to pay some fines, and my baby's father and i had an argument my mother called the police on him and had him arrested for domestic even though he never touched me, my mother requested the court to put a restraining order on him so he could not see our daughter, me or my mother. anyway, i was pulled over by the police the 2days ago and was taken to jail for an outstanding warrant. but before my babys father had a chance to get the money and get me out my mother bailed me out, but she made me do some counciling and her and the officer that arrested me told me that i was unfit as a parent and wants me to sign over custody of my daughter to my mother, what should i do?? I made the mistake of not putting my boyfriend on the birth certificate because my mother told me not too. i am now just realizing that my mother is trying to contol me and my daughter, what should i do. I have my own apartment and everything but she will not let me leave and if i do them she will have me arrested again she says. does my daughters father have any rights to her??? I don't want to lose my daughter but i don't want to have to say with my mother. can someone help???
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops forgot my email
Back to top

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


Your daughters father does have rights to her even if his name is not on the bithcertificate. Check out the laws in your state, but in New Jersey the police can not force you to sign over custody of your child. You should clear up the trouble you got into, but how is your mother going to have you arrested? Are you a minor still under her care?
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic Forum Index -> Single Parenting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
©Copyright 1998 to 2016  |   Legal  |   About Us  |   Contact Us  |   Become a Member: Join Now or Login